The road to finding one’s purpose can take many turns, often with a destination not yet determined. Knowing when to pause, breathe, and listen to the “heart tugs” is how Stacy Dockins, yoga trainer/instructor, author and co-founder of the Yoga Project, has found meaning and fulfillment.
Stacy is this week’s guest on the Make Meaning podcast, and she talks with Lynne about the power of mindfulness, running a successful business with a spouse, meeting the evolving needs of the yoga industry, and sharing her expertise in her new book. Listen here:
What excites you, lights a spark, tugs at your heart? How have you responded to it? What has your path to finding meaning and purpose been like? In this episode, Lynne and Stacy discuss:
- Turning an interest into a livelihood
- Yoga’s evolution from a physical practice to a mindful practice
- How to be strong in breath and body
- Insights on successfully running a business with your spouse
- Remaining relevant and competitive in an evolving industry
- Room for all – a philosophy for customers and competitors
- What it means to listen to the “heart tugs”
- The crooked path of purpose
Links and Resources:
Coming up next week on the Make Meaning Podcast: September 30th is International Podcast Day! In observance and celebration of the power of podcasting, we are running one of our favorite episodes – Just be Nice with Paul Saginaw – co-founder and Chief Spiritual Officer of Zingerman’s.
In this episode, Paul shares three tips on how to build business and why it’s important to him to “be of service” in his daily life. He discusses that his mantra is to just be nice, and how he came to that determination and why it’s important to him. Check it out and share it with a friend!